20 Jun Tips for a perfect trip to Amsterdam
Amsterdam, the Netherland capital, was founded in the 12th century and, although you won’t belief it, it was designed for being a simple fisher bay. Nowadays is a huge city with almost 800.000 inhabitants. The huge history is the clue of why it is one of the most incredible cities in Medieval Terms. And, of course, we cannot forget it is the Northern Venice.
8 tips to enjoy your Amsterdam visit
The houses in front of the channels are like a symphony. It is a unique view and a place you need to discover.
1. Visit the Albert Cuyp Market: if you are staying in a hostel or apartment and you have an available kitchen we recommend you to discover the huge fresh offer you will find in the stands, with products that came from almost all Europe. The Dutch gastronomy will make your experience unique.
2. Concerts for free. Not all people know you can go to many different concerts for free. Each Wednesday at 12.30 and from September to July you will enjoy music without spending a euro. You can take a look in the Concertgebouw site.
3. You can eat really cheap just by choosing the fast food Febo Chain.
4. Sweet Wafels: called stroopwafel, you need to taste them to know why are that popular.
5. Buy your tickets online: Ámsterdam is one of those cities that offer a really cheap tickets alternative online. Prices for museums could decrease almost 10%.
6. Noord Island: it is the hidden part of the city and you can arrive by taking a free ferry behind the Central Station.