19 May A trip to the Perth curiosities in Australia
It is the fourth city in terms of population in Australia with more than 1.5 million inhabitants, and also one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Oceania. Located in the west part of the country, it is the biggest one in this region as the main others are located in the east side such as Melbourne or Sydney.
Its situation in the Swan estuary makes Perth a port city with an important historical and current commercial interest. This multicultural city share nationality with people from United States, Italy, Malaysia or even New Zealand.
Curiosities to discover in Perth
1. It is the sunniest place of the world: yes, Perth has the honour of being the city with more sun hours in the world during a year. According to statistics, there are at least 8 sunny hours during 365 days each year. That’s why many Europeans decide to live here.
2. Kings Park, a Central Park in Perth: simulating the NY giant, this is one of the huge financial centres in the world. Moreover, it is one of the top 10 just outdone by NY or Tokyo.
3. It is the most exporter in Australia: although we can think that Melbourne or Sydney are best known in terms of exportation, the truth is that Perth trades from gold to iron.
4. It is the second capital more isolated from the rest of capitals in the country: only overcome by Honolulu, which is located 3800 kilometres far from San Francisco. This city is about 2730 kilometres far from Adelaide, the next Australian city.
5. The urban omnibus for free: as you read it. It is one of the few cities in the world that can offer a bus for free in the city. On the other hand, it is also one of the cities that count with the highest number of vehicles per person.
6. There are thousands of people with high salaries, the FIFOs: they work 15 days at home and 15 days in undermines or similar. The high salaries had to do with the fact that they travel in places totally isolated.
7. Swan Valley, a wine area in Perth: well, the truth is that it is just 30 minutes far from Perth. There are many others, but this one is the most popular one.